Saturday, January 8, 2011

EET CONTINUES ITS MAGIC! HOW I LOST 16 POUNDS IN 11 WEEKS WITH NO FOOD RESTRICTIONS!

This is my latest article for Hive Health Media, detailing my progress on EET. I wrote this article a week ago, so it's not very current as I post it on my blog, but it will make a nice lead-in to some other amazing leaps that I've got going on EET, which I'll have up tomorrow. Anyway, enjoy the article and please leave any questions and comments if you have any. You can also check out the original Hive version, but in any case, here's exactly how I lost 16 pounds in only 11 weeks without any sort of food restrictions:

I was extremely pleased this morning when I found that EET was continuing to work its magic on my fitness goals; I finally broke 200 lbs! I've spent most of the past 5 years above 200 lbs, so this is indeed a personal milestone for me, especially since I got to to this weight by losing 16 lbs in only 11 weeks with a diet that allows me to eat literally anything every day of the week. Sure, I do admit that there were some difficulties in the beginning, but I have to say that most of the 11 weeks I've spent on  EET have been a breeze.



Here's what I currently do on EET:


DAILY FORECAST (Optimized for Holiday season)

7:30 AM - Wake up, green tea
10:30 AM - Work out
11:30 AM - Treat Meal (whatever I want, as long as it includes a good protein source such as chicken, vegetables, fiber, and water)
4:30 PM - Tuna, vegetables, 1 cup skim milk, 1 serving low-fat yogurt
8:30 PM - Salmon, vegetables, decaf green tea
9:30 PM - Stretching
Decaf green tea - right before bed


MY EET WORKOUTS

SCHEDULE
Swedish Intervals - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Strength Circuits with Tabatas - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

SWEDISH INTERVALS
30 1-minute rounds composed thusly:

1. The first 10 rounds are comprised of
    - 1-minute at 33 kph on the exercise bike
    - 1-minute at 51 kph on the exercise bike

Alternated until all 10 rounds are finished, then a 1-minute transition to the heavy bag occurs where I also drink plenty of water. The next 20 rounds are comprised of
    - 1-minute performing a minimum of 62 strikes on the heavy bag (punching and kicking combinations)
    - 1-minute jogging for at least 120 steps

Alternated until the last 20 rounds are finished, totaling 30 minutes of almost non-stop exercise. The only time I take a break and drink water is during the 1-minute transition from the exercise bike to the heavy bag.


STRENGTH CIRCUITS
CIRCUITS:
REPETITIONS: 10
REST IN BETWEEN CIRCUITS: 30 seconds (treated as water breaks)
EXERCISES (performed continuously as a circuit in this order):
- Medicine Ball Russian Twist (5kg ball)
- Full Push Ups
- Full Air Squats
- Medicine Ball Situps (5kg ball)
- Lat Pull Down (50 lbs)
- Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift (2x 25lbs dumbbells)
- Medicine Ball Figure Eight (5kg ball)
WARM UP CIRCUIT: 
5 repetitions of each of the same exercises, in the same order, performed continuously for 1 whole circuit. There is no rest between the warm up circuit and the first circuit of the main workout.

TABATA INTERVALS (performed 2 minutes after Strength Circuits)
15 straight rounds composed thusly:
    - 20 seconds of 62 kph on the exercise bike
    - 10 seconds complete rest


Alternated until all 15 rounds are completed, totaling 3 minutes and 50 seconds of exercise.

PROGRESSION:
Every 2 weeks, I raise the strength circuit repetitions, number of strikes on the heavy bag and kph on the exercise bike by 1.
The Strength Circuit warm up repetitions are always half of what the main circuit repetitions are, rounded down for decimals.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Aside from the progressions, I'm going to continue with this exact overall forecast for until the end of the holiday season. When my graduate studies resume after New Year's, I'll take that into account in my schedule but the rest will be pretty much the same.


I'm truly in awe of this plan and am actually almost in disbelief that this has worked this well so far. 11 weeks ago I was one of those individuals who swore that the only way to consistently lose weight was to precisely restrict calories, portions, types of food and so on, but now those beliefs have pretty much all been shattered.


I let myself go and truly ate whatever I wanted until I was satisfied during the times I was allowed every day for 11 weeks straight, and I continued to lose weight while maintaining all of the muscle mass I had built up over the years. Now this is how to start a new year!

What's in Fitness Philippines?

About Me

My Photo
fitnessphp
Hello, I'm Noel Blanco and I write Fitness Philippines. I have been involved in physical fitness for more than 10 years now and am currently taking up graduate studies on Exercise and Sports Science at the University of the Philippines. You can contact me at fitnessphp@yahoo.com
View my complete profile
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails