Saturday, November 27, 2010

HIVE HEALTH MEDIA BADGE AND OTHER UPDATES

No, I haven't given up on this blog. I still love to regularly write about health and fitness, but I've been so caught up in a bunch of things that I kind of neglected this blog. So, basically, I'm admitting that I suck at scheduling, hehe.

THE EET FITNESS PLAN

Anyway, the primary reason I haven't been writing more recent articles is because I'm currently trying out EET Fitness, which is a health and fitness plan whose main selling point is that you can eat whatever you love every day and be fitter and healthier than ever. Most people today would find that sort of idea absolutely ludicrous, what with the current conservative health and fitness wisdom stating that junk food, treats, or whatever you want to call them, should be eaten only once a week or month. Some diet plans even forbid such foods flat out entirely. So, I wanted to find out first hand what makes this plan work, if it even works at all, and communicate it  to as many folks as possible.


HIVE HEALTH MEDIA


I wanted to originally publish my series on Fitness Philippines, but I managed to get it published on a very popular website that integrates health and fitness blogs and ideas into a single location, Hive Health Media. Because of this, I've officially added the Hive Health Media contributor badge to my site. My series has gotten much larger than I originally figured it would, so I'm going to be contributing to Hive more regularly now. And, once my EET series eventually ends, I plan to contribute more health and fitness articles in the future. Hive's a great site, and I want to continue supporting it.

EET THE UNORTHODOX

But the expansion of my article's not the exact reason I've become so infrequent in posting new articles on Fitness Philippines. A lot of the articles on this blog were created from my daily musings on health and fitness. But, because literally everything I'm doing to that end is because of EET's guidelines, everything new I try out and learn on my own has to be placed in my EET series on Hive. Though EET's guidelines are very effective, they're also very unorthodox, so it pretty much changed my entire way of thinking about health and fitness. So, until I can get my mind straight again and create independent ideas outside of the EET landscape, I'm pretty much out of a lot of fresh ideas for articles at the moment.



GRADUATE STUDIES

I'm also currently taking up graduate studies in exercise and sports science at the University of the Philippines Diliman's College of Human Kinetics. One of my big plans for this blog is to take all of what I've learned in graduate school and create articles about them from my point of view. Many of the articles on the blog were created from this line of thought. I've only just really scratched the surface on what I've learned, and to properly create the rest of the articles, I need detailed lesson plans for each subject, and arrange each element into a publishing schedule that makes sense to me. I haven't done this yet, so it's really holding me back on updating my blog as well. My graduate studies end in March, though, so I'll be able to free up more time for myself after that, and finally share everything I've learned to everyone out there.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Well, that's it for now. Please also check out my new martial arts blog, "The World and Martial Arts", which I'm updating very regularly. As of this writing, I'm in the middle of completing my series of review articles about UFC 123, so check those out if you're interested and please leave some comments. If you have any questions, comments, or whatever on EET, martial arts, health, or fitness, please don't hesitate to contact me via Facebook, Twitter, or e-mail.



What's in Fitness Philippines?

About Me

My Photo
fitnessphp
Hello, I'm Noel Blanco and I write Fitness Philippines. I have been involved in physical fitness for more than 10 years now and am currently taking up graduate studies on Exercise and Sports Science at the University of the Philippines. You can contact me at fitnessphp@yahoo.com
View my complete profile
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails