Monday, April 19, 2010

THE PHILIPPINE SPORTS SCIENCE CONFERENCE 2010: INTRO



This is the first in a series of articles concerning the Philippine Sports Science Conference 2010. Read the second, which talks about longevity, here, and the third, which talks about proper hydration, here.

I attended the Philippine Sports Science Conference 2010 from April 15 to 16, 2010 at the University of the Philippines Diliman’s National Institute for Science and Mathematics Education Development (NISMED) Auditorium, which was apparently the first of its kind in the country. There were twelve speakers over the course of the two speaking on a total of fifteen topics. I learned a whole considering that all of the speakers were very knowledgeable in their respective fields.



In the coming days, I will therefore be writing about what I learned from this conference, condensed into several topics. I will be writing about longevity, sports nutrition, hydration, sports psychology, and sports vision. I might add a few more topics after the fact, but I plan to concentrate on just those five for now.


The event was created by the UP College of Human Kinetics’ Department of Sports Science in cooperation with The Sports Vision Institute of the Philippines (SVIP). You can read a bit more about it here.

What's in Fitness Philippines?

About Me

My Photo
fitnessphp
Hello, I'm Noel Blanco and I write Fitness Philippines. I have been involved in physical fitness for more than 10 years now and am currently taking up graduate studies on Exercise and Sports Science at the University of the Philippines. You can contact me at fitnessphp@yahoo.com
View my complete profile
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails