Friday, April 2, 2010

FIRST POST

Hello to you all,

I have been personally involved in physical fitness for more than ten years to the day. I started in high school when I was only seventeen and wanted to change the way my flabby and unattractive exterior was viewed. Social conditioning, I know, which had vanity and possibly selfishness at its core, but it actually did a lot of good for me.

I started working out at a gym which was only walking distance away. Oddly enough, the gym had opened just three or four months before I seriously made my decision to get in shape. I worked out there pretty much every day, doing basic body building things like babrell biceps curls and machine chess presses. I also became more and more conscious of my diet and substituted fruit for all the junk food I was eating. I have no idea how I did it before but I just quit flat out. Almost like a smoker does cold turkey. Suddenly any and all junk food really did look like their namesake: trash, with flies and all.


After only a year of this, I got down to only 170 – 175 lbs and a 28 – 30 inch waist during my first year in college. And it was all downhill from there. I know, I know, I didn’t give you my starting measurements so I can’t really say how much of an improvement all this was, but I gotta say that I was fat as hell. I was the typical fat kid with glasses back in grade school, and continued on until high school. If I had to take a guess, I weighed around 220 lbs., and had a 38 inch waist back when I started out.

During that first year of reinvention, my confidence soared through the roof. I became more outgoing and I began making more friends. So, yeah, I’m gonna be stereotypical and make my first few posts “success story” articles of sorts, just to let you guys know where I’m coming from.

I have a masters in business but am now studying human kinetics at a major university because this is genuinely what I like doing. I love learning about health and fitness and all related subjects. So now I want to start giving back to others somehow. Seeing as though everyone seems to have his or her own blog these days, I decided this would be the perfect way to somehow give back to everyone else. By showing how physical fitness can aid you in ways you probably never thought of before.

So, yeah, this is my very first blog so I’m sure I’ll be really rough aroudn teh edges starting out. I welcome any and all comments and feedback no matter how brutal they may be! I’ll be adding more and more to this place over the next few days as I come up with news ideas, so stay tuned!

What's in Fitness Philippines?

About Me

My Photo
fitnessphp
Hello, I'm Noel Blanco and I write Fitness Philippines. I have been involved in physical fitness for more than 10 years now and am currently taking up graduate studies on Exercise and Sports Science at the University of the Philippines. You can contact me at fitnessphp@yahoo.com
View my complete profile
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails