Sunday, June 6, 2010

POLE STARS PHILIPPINES: THE 2ND INTERNATIONAL POLE DANCE COMPETITION



Divino Makati sent me an e-mail about this a few days ago and I became curious. As a fitness and movement enthusiast, I personally would want to wholeheartedly promote pretty much any kind of dance, including Pole dancing.

Despite the fact that it may still bring about lewd connotations to some, pole dancing has been widely accepted by a wider audience in the past few years as a form of exercise and fun physical fitness activity. I also did some checking on this and, yes, it is legit. With that said, I find that it's yet another great event to promote dance, movement, and fitness throughout the country!




Pole Stars Philippines: The 2nd Edition of the International Pole Dance Competition will be held on June 19, 2010 at Divino Makati. Visit their main homepage here, or call them at (02)8905898 or (02)8903734.You can also e-mail them to ask questions and / or register at info@divino-makati.com. Their main website,though very pretty, is very sparse in terms of information, so I suggest you either call or e-mail them if you're interested.

Despite the main competition being held on June 19, auditions will apparently only be held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 6:00PM - 8:00PM, and the first round of elimination will begin on June 12, 2010, at 10:00PM. The e-mail and poster sent to me also failed to indicate what would be at stake here. A large cash prize? Recognition of some sort? Maybe more? I'm not too sure at this point, so I advise anyone wanting to join to immediately call them up at the numbers indicated.

If you are up for the challenge, know that you will be up against international competition so things are definitely going to be tough. In any case, good luck to all the participants and have fun!

What's in Fitness Philippines?

About Me

My Photo
fitnessphp
Hello, I'm Noel Blanco and I write Fitness Philippines. I have been involved in physical fitness for more than 10 years now and am currently taking up graduate studies on Exercise and Sports Science at the University of the Philippines. You can contact me at fitnessphp@yahoo.com
View my complete profile
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails